Friday, June 18, 2010

Sitting...

The last two nights I was working at a new hospital which brought about a whole new crowd of people.  The hospital was made up for more of a rough bunch of patients. 

The first night I was assigned the ER to be a suicide watch sitter.  My patient was only a few years younger than I which was the closest in age I've ever had in terms of a patient.  It broke my heart the more I learned about my patient.  I had to keep my composure while the family was talking with her and let me just tell you, it was hard.  I have never experienced such heart break for a patient situation. 

Then last night I sat with an elderly man.  He was falling asleep all day which made me a bit tired as well...hahaha.  It was funny to me that I got paid to sit while he slept all day. 

Hopefully in the next couple shifts I will have the opportunity to be assigned to be a PCT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment